Saturday 31 January 2015

January Wrap Up! - FTM


The first book I read this month was The Winner's Curse by: Marie Rutokoski. This was my first book of 2015! I did fairly enjoy reading this book but I sadly did not love it which made me disappointed because I was looking forward to reading this. I rated it a 3.5 out of 5 stars. You can read my full review HERE














The second book I read this month was The Retribution of Mara Dyer by: Michelle Hodkin. This is the third book in the Mara Dyer trilogy. I absolutely loved this book! This book was full of so many answers that I had been waiting for, for so long and I was glad that they were revealed! It's amazing how even in the last book, there are still twists and turns that leave you on the edge of your seat but everything resolves itself so beautifully. I'm so happy that this book ended on a happy note, and I loved how the end is the beginning. I would rate this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars! Unfortunately I won't be posting a review on this book but you can read my reviews for The Evolution of Mara Dyer HERE and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer HERE If you do end up reading those reviews, keep in mind that they are not very good. They're not organized and I'm basically rambling for the entire review and it does not make complete sense, just know that I LOVED THIS SERIES!



The third book I read this month was The Bane Chronicles by: Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson. I bought this book maybe a week or two after it was released but every time I started reading it, there was always a massive crowd of people who were very loud and I couldn't concentrate on reading. By the time I picked it up again, I had no memory of what I had read... I don't particularly like novellas/short stories because sometimes they are just there and have no point at all and sometimes you have to read them because they're important for something else. The Mortal Instrument series and The Infernal Devices trilogy are two of my favourite book series and I have loved every book that Cassandra has written in the shadowhunter world. With this book, I found the short stories entertaining and fun but I feel like it's not a must read if you are reading anything from the shadowhunter chronicles, you could easily just skip it because there isn't anything so important that you have to pick it up. There are little facts that are nice to know but not necessarily important. Again, there was a huge gap from me first reading it and picking it up again, so I may have missed a few things throughout this reading process, so don't bug me if there was something important that I didn't catch. I would rate this a 4 out of 5 stars.

The fourth book I read this month was Outlander by: Diana Gabaldon. I absolutely loved this book and I rated in a 4.5 out of 5 stars. I read this book after watching the first few episodes of the TV show and I just became obsessed. Some people have been calling this a rape book or comparing it to fifty shades of grey (which I find is ridiculous, because it is in no way fifty shades of grey.) because of the graphic content in it. Yes, it does have graphic content but it isn't the entire novel, it only pops up around Jamie and Claire's marriage. Regarding this book being called a rape book, rape is involved in this book and again it's expected it's an adult book. Also, the topic of rape for me was very expected considering it's set in a time era where most men viewed women more as products and could use them what ever way they wanted. I don't recommend this book if you are under the age of 13 or 14 because it is quite mature. I do not consider myself very mature in any way but I feel that I am old enough to handle what happens in this book and understand that it is fiction. To be clear, this book does not focus on rape and abuse, I just felt like I needed to mention this because some people who have read this are only focusing on the abusive parts of the story and that is not right because as it says on the cover, it's a modern classic. If you can look past those points in the story you are in for a fantastic story about time travel. Also don't read this if you're squeamish or uncomfortable about violence because there is quite a lot of blood spilled in this book.



I hope you enjoyed reading my wrap up!


Please feel free to follow our blog!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!