Wednesday 28 May 2014

The Evolution Of Mara Dyer - FTM


First things first, I absolutely LOVED this book! It was a perfect sequel, it did not let me down. It lived up to my expectations. In this book, everyone thinks Mara is down right crazy and they're trying to get her help. Throughout the book, revelations were made. Such as Mara's grandmother, the matching lockets that belong to Noah and the other that was found in the creepy doll. Some things were left unanswered, and it was left on a strange cliffhanger.

Michelle did a beautiful thing with the story, it was very unexpected.... she killed Noah Shaw...in case you didn't catch that, the beautiful part was sarcasm. As we progressed in the story, I felt like you could sort of predict if Noah was going to die or not. There were little hints, but there was a major part of the story where you already know that Noah is going to die. I do personally believe that Noah isn't dead, I feel like this is going to be a somewhat of a Peeta Mellark situation. I think that Noah will come back, and is not dead but crazy and uncontrollable.

Near the end, or possibly the very end we find out that Mara, Noah, Jamie, Jude and some other people were involved in some private, secretive gene research program. Mara and the others have a special gene in them that makes them different, and the people that are part of this program are trying to convince the Mara that they are trying to help her and her friends. As a reader, you know that there is a large chance that, that isn't true. I'm really excited to where things will end up. It was definitely something that I wouldn't expect.

A unique thing about this book is that a lot of the characters somehow connect. I have only seen one other book where characters connect to the plot, and that is the fifth wave by Rick Yancey. (You can read my review HERE) or the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I love it when authors do that because it's always so interesting to read about.

Speaking of characters, this book obviously has characters and some that really creeped me out were Phoebe and Mara's grandmother. Surprisingly Jude didn't creep me out, I just found him insane and weird. So Phoebe, Phoebe is defiantly one of a kind. Sometimes I would be reading her parts of the book at 11:00 at night, and her lines and her actions would terrify me! I would be so scared to leave my bed. Also the part where she is singing you are my sunshine. S-O-C-R-E-E-P-Y! I have a little wind-up clock that sings that particular song but I refuse to wind it up because I am terrified of Phoebe. I was very pleased with her death in the book, but it could have been less bloody.

So Mara's grandmother is a nut case. One fact that really freaked me out was her suicide, she committed suicide three days after Mara was born. I may have missed it, but that particular situation was left unanswered and I really want to find out what happens. As I read stories about her grandma, I would always picture Peter Parker's aunt from the spider man movies in her white nightgown sleep walking except with hollowed eyes.

Would I recommend this book YES! I strongly suggest to obviously read the first novel The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, you can read my review HERE

I would rate this book a solid five out of five stars! 

Feel free to follow my social media,
Instagram (Musical related) 
Instagram (Bookish things)
Tumblr: (Bookish things)

I hope you enjoyed reading this review! It would mean so much if you followed/subscribed to our blog! More posts are to come!

\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!