Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer - FTM


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is about a girl named Mara. She has just found out that three of her friends have died in a building collapse. Mara is going out of her mind, and is having hallucinations that she cannot explain. This book was so original, and incredibly unique. 

I mainly picked up this book because one of my friends was obsessing over it, and to be honest I did not expect to love it as much as I did. I finished this book in about two days, and before finishing it I bought the second book (The evolution of Mara dyer) because I was hooked. 

Throughout this book, Mara would constantly have different hallucinations that didn't really make sense which made her think she was crazy. One that was so strange was when she was in the bathroom, and she thinks that her mothers earrings are at the bottom of an overflowing tub. That's not the strange part, she puts her arm inside the water and then all of the sudden it starts to burn her, so her mother finds her two hours later and Mara explained the thing about the earrings, and her mom checks her ears and they were on her ears the whole entire time. Mara also has an ability to kill people/living things just by thinking about it. Everything that happens in this book is just so creepy and it really does make you think like you are going nuts.

Let's talk about Noah! I never expected him to have his healing abilities, and being able to hear everyone's pain and feelings. I just thought he was just ordinary, but there is one point in the book where you can start to suspect that he isn't exactly as normal as you might think. His lines in this book were hilarious, and he always made me laugh. 

At the very, very end of the book we find out that JUDE IS ALIVE! This starts to make you think about everything, it just twists your mind and makes you think all of these different possibilities! It can make you start to realize things about other characters, that seemed suspicious but you never noticed it. It just makes you feel like it's a never ending story.

This probably wasn't a proper review but I literally can't put this book into words! It's difficult to explain it and also explain your thoughts and have it make sense... so all i'm going to say is..... GO READ IT! NOW!

Everything about this book was perfect! Time flies by so fast as you read it. I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars! I hope you enjoyed this review! 

Feel free to Subscribe/follow our blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!