Saturday 12 August 2017

Writing Rituals Tag | Faith



The writing rituals tag is a tag by authors Kim Chance and Mandi Lynn. I watched both of their videos and was like--I want to do that. I don't have a YouTube channel to do it, but I have a blog! So I thought that it would be perfect to do it here.


Now that I have a job, the timing of my writing has kind of shifted a little bit. However, even though I have more things to occupy me it does not mean that I am any less of a night owl. I'm not sure if many of you can relate, but everyday, there is always something that inspires, motivates or pushes me to write. For some reason, this always hit me in the late hours of the night. I can usually write at various times throughout the day, but for some reason I am always more productive at Midnight.


The simple answer to this question is that I don't. When I write, I don't really have a problem with ignoring Social Media. I do get easily distracted, but when it comes to writing, I just kind of get in a zone that can only really be disrupted when there is a physical person in the room with me.


I feel like this is a weird question for me. For me personally, I will just casually or skim read it--especially if I'm just trying to write as much as I can. However, right now, I read it in more depth since I am doing revisions and would like identify all of my book's problem areas. There isn't a particular order that I do, I will do it through acts usually. Or if there's an area of my book that I know I have a problem with or where I'm not fully satisfied that is where I will typically start. I don't even know if I answered the question properly. XD



BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. No, I'm just kidding. I'm a very music oriented person when it comes to my writing. There isn't one song that I go to, it's often a playlist on Spotify. I have separate playlists, I have one just for general writing, one for a specific story and one that just makes me feel very happy. However, the one playlist I often find myself going back to when feeling uninspired is one for a story that I'm not working on. It's a playlist for another WIP that's titled, "The Five Statues." If you're interested I'll link it below. To name a few songs that inspire me, I would say every single Ruelle song, Emerald by: Lyra and any James Newton Howard composed soundtrack

SPOTIFY PLAYLISTS: 



I will re-evaluate my book. Pinterest is almost always involved when it comes me struggling with writer's block. Luckily, I haven't really had writer's block in a long time. I have felt unmotivated to write but I haven't been stuck in any shape or form lately.

I use Pages on Mac to write. A major tool I use for outlining, notes and other writing things I need to keep track of is Evernote. It's a free app, but there is a premium option available. It's just so fantastic because I can keep all of my writing necessities in one place. It's so awesome because for each project I can have a separate "notebook" for each one. So I don't even have to worry about anything getting mixed up.

I also have a notebook filled with critiques from my critique partners. Also in the notebook are notes and reminders for and from myself. If we're going to keep going on with the stationary thing--PENS, sticky notes and extra paper.

I do use the Internet strictly for Spotify and Pinterest. I am a very visual person and often like to have some sort of visual stimulation to help with my brain. Music also moves me in various ways as I'm sure many of you will understand. 


You ready to hear this really original answer? My computer. 

How do I fuel myself during a writing session? I don't really know how to answer this question if I'm going to be quite honest. If I were to decide on one thing it would probably be my characters. I just have this deep love for them and their story I know I have to write, also my 12 year old self. This story has been in my brain for almost 6 years and I never finished it. It's like I owe it to my past self to write and finish this book you know?

You know the saying when you know you know? I know the context of that saying is very different ,but for me there's just this click that goes off within me. It's like I can relax and continue on with my day without having to worry. Another way to tell when I'm done writing if I've written a good chunk of words and by chunk I mean like 2,000 words. In my revision stage, I would say if I've revised a good couple of chapters. 

So that was the writing rituals tag!

Feel free to do this tag!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!