Saturday 10 October 2015

Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments | Trailer/First Look | Review

With my excitement and anticipation for Shadowhunters I've decided to follow more of the journey of this show. I am planning on doing episode reviews hopefully in the future. I'm also doing this because we haven't been posting lately, and I thought this was a great excuse to write a blog post.


The first trailer that was released was a teaser trailer, and it was released through snapchat. Therefore, I created a snapchat just to watch the trailer. A lot of people actually thought that this was the shows content which was strange. My first thought when I watched this was "This is so CW."  I thought that this was a very interesting way of filming and producing the trailer. This teaser was so entertaining. it did not really showcase anything from the show but it can definitely get your attention. However, I don't think it would pull other viewers in since it did not show much of the story.


The next was thing that was released was a first footage thing but it can really be called a trailer. There is something that always bothers me when it comes to fans. They are already so judgemental, and they're saying that the storyline is already completely different. This was most likely from the pilot episode, and we really don't know where this is going to go. As far as I can tell, nothing much has changed besides a few things. 

Something that I am looking forward to is seeing more of other characters that we didn't get to see in the movie. From this trailer, we know that we are going to get a slight backstory of the block on Clary's mind. One of the strangest parts was where Clary just disappears from their home. That obviously wasn't in the book, and I'm curious to see what's happening because right now it does not make sense.

Right away you can tell that this show is going to be more action packed and edgier than the film. That is an aspect that I am really looking forward to because there wasn't much action in the movie. I am not going to be reviewing the actor's ability of portraying the roles because we have only seen this trailer. It's not something that I can base an opinion on. However, I do have a lot of faith in these actors.

Overall, this trailer just made me really excited. I already know that they're not going to be following the books storyline 100% and what I mean by that is that they're adding a bunch of side stories with other characters. I believe that it's going to be the books but with added POV's. If you have not seen the trailers, please do and let me know what you think.




Just recently they released two clips from the first episode. The first thing I will say is that I'm not a fan of the writing. It just comes off as ridiculous and cheesy. I am not bothered by the actors at all, it's just the lines. I was not really expecting anything big from the FX since it is only the first season, I do not think that the sparks were needed. I am trying to stay positive since this is from the first episode, and I'm hoping that the writing gets better because I know what the actors  (Mostly Dom Sherwood and Katherine Mcnamara) are capable of and it would be a shame if their talent wasn't shown. However, they really got Simon. I like what we're seeing from him.

I think a lot of people confuse acting with writing. If the writing isn't well done, it's not going to come out with seriousness. I don't want to be negative, but if the writers were going for the teen audience this is not how you get their attention. If you're not convinced with any of these actors go ahead and watch some of their other films, have you seen Dom Sherwood as Christian Ozera? I am staying hopeful, because there is a whole season ahead of us and hopefully it will improve! A lot of people have been commenting on their acting, and in my eyes their acting isn't the source of the problem, it's the writing. Besides that, I actually quite enjoyed it. 

For some reason, I don't really care if it's exactly like the book. To me, as long as the books content is there and it doesn't ruin the plot line for anything I will be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!