Friday 4 September 2015

September TBR | Raquel



This month is the start of school and other things for me so I chose to only pick three books for this month.


The first book I want to read next month is The Fate of Ten by: Pittacus Lore. This book is coming out in the beginning of September and I am so excited as this is definitely one of my favourite really large series! This was one of the first big series that I started to read.

"The sixth book in the thrilling, action-packed, New York Times bestselling I Am Number Four series! For years the Garde have fought the Mogadorians in secret. Now all of that has changed. The invasion has begun. If the Garde can't find a way to stop the Mogs, humanity will suffer the same fate as the Lorien: annihilation.

There is still hope. When the Elders sent the Garde to Earth, they had a plan—one which the Garde are finally starting to understand. In the climax of The Revenge of Seven, a group of the Garde traveled to an ancient pyramid in Mexico known to their people as the Sanctuary. There they awoke a power that had been hidden within our planet for generations. Now this power can save the world . . . or destroy it. It will all depend on who wields it." -goodreads



The second book I want to read is every day by: David Levithan. Faith also is reading this book soon and I just thought this book really looked interesting. I have also heard good things about it and I just thought I'd give this book a shot.

"Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.


It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day." -goodreads



The last book I want to read next month is The Catcher in the Rye by: J.D. Salinger. This book is very well known and talked about. This is one of those books that when you tell people your an avid reader that they usually assume you have read it already. I have decided that I am not going to be left out of this circle of people and I am finally going to read it!

"'...the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth. In the first place, that stuff bores me, and in the second place, my parents would have about two hemorrhages apiece if I told anything pretty personal about them.'

Since his debut in 1951 as The Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caulfield has been synonymous with "cynical adolescent." Holden narrates the story of a couple of days in his sixteen-year-old life, just after he's been expelled from prep school, in a slang that sounds edgy even today and keeps this novel on banned book lists. His constant wry observations about what he encounters, from teachers to phonies (the two of course are not mutually exclusive) capture the essence of the eternal teenage experience of alienation." -goodreads




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!