Thursday 30 April 2015

April Wrap Up | FTM


The first book I read this month was Red Queen by: Victoria Aveyard. There has been so much hype surrounding this book, so I had my expectations set. My expectations weren't fully met, the story wasn't anything special but the writing was fantastic. You can read all of my thoughts in my review HERE















The second book I read this month was Fairest by: Marissa Meyer. I read this book in a couple of hours which is normal because it is a fairly short book. The Lunar Chronicles is one of my all time  favourite book series, however I have not read Cress yet, I want to buy it in paperback. I really loved reading this book, it gave me so much more understanding and backstory on Levana! I loved how we got to see her get crazier and crazier throughout the story, we also got see so many other things like Cinder (The accident which made her a cyborg!) and Winter. Marissa Meyer has never ceased to amaze me with her stories! I would rate this a 5 out of 5 stars.









The third book I read this month was The Shadow Throne by: Jennifer A. Nielsen. The Ascendance Trilogy has been one of my favourite trilogies of all time, I read the first book The False Prince when it first came out when I was younger, and have followed the series since then. I have had this on my TBR list for quite some time and I have finally finished it. I really like how this series ended, it ended on a happy note. This wasn't my favourite out of the trilogy, my favourite is probably the first book or the second. I would rate it a  3 out of 5 stars. I also hope that these books get turned into films, and I have a weird dream that I will get to play Imogen which is probably never going to happen, but it would be awesome if I could. Then again, I feel like every book lover has a dream of being involved in one of their favourite book-film adaptations.These books are actually quite underrated and I would love it if more people would read them in the YA world. Even if they are marketed as middle grade/children's literature, they're pretty dark to be placed in that category, I would say that they are YA but they're not for some reason.


The fourth book I read was a comic book! It was Superman & Wonder Woman, the new 52 edition! If you didn't know, I am a really big superhero fan and my all time favourite super hero is Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman. I picked this up because I have never picked up any comic book whether it be DC comics or Marvel. I couldn't help but be amazed that Zod is still alive! Besides that, it was a little strange to see Wonder Woman and Superman as a couple because I've always known that they have never been a couple, it was always Lois you know? Can someone tell me what happened to her?! Also I loved the part when Clark is facing one of the sun gods or something and he gets hit, and he rises back up and the god is like "WHAT HOW?" and then he's like, "You really don't know much about me do you?" IT WAS THE BEST! 4 out of 5 stars.







The fifth book I read this month was ANOTHER COMIC BOOK! It's The Flash, Move Forward: Volume 1. I am quite obsessed with the TV show and I really love Grant Gustin, I mean he can sing and he plays The Flash.

I really felt like such a noob reading this one because I barely knew anything (unlike Superman) and I messaged one of my close friends and I asked him what seemed to be like such a generic question and he was like "Yeah, blah, blah." I felt kind of ashamed! ;)










The sixth book I read this month was The Wicked Will Rise by: Danielle Paige. I was a little disappointed with this book, I'm not the kind of person to rate a book higher then it should be just because of a plot twist or cliffhanger. I expected so much more. You can read my review coming May 15th, 2015!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!