Sunday 30 November 2014

November Wrap-Up - RQK


The first book I read this month was "False Future" by: Dan Krokos. I started reading this series during summer and this book actually came out in August however I had trouble getting my hands on a copy, but I finally got it! I actually got it on my birthday so that was a great day! This book was fantastic and was a great conclusion to this series! It has a very unique storyline that isn't for everybody, but the whole cloning and multiple universes idea I find to be extremely intriguing. I'd give it a 4.5/5 stars.


The second book I read this month was "Last Night I Sang To The Monster"  by: Benjamin Alire Saenz. This book is not the easiest book to read. It is a serious, realistic type book. It deals with content that isn't for younger readers. It even possibly made me tear up... okay I teared up! It's just so sad! However it also had some funny parts that just seemed to lighten up the book. It truly was just a great book overall and I really don't know how to justifiably put it into words without telling you the whole book. I highly suggest if you can handle a book like this that you read it! I give this book 5/5 stars!
Here are some of my favourite quotes from the book:

“What is it with you and that book?"

Rafael laughed. "We have a personal relationship.” 
(This is how I feel with every book I read!)

“I don't like remembering.
Remembering makes me feel things.
I don't like to feel things.
I'm thinking I could spend the rest of my life becoming an expert at forgetting” 

“Okay is just a word I use so I won't have to talk about what's inside. 
Okay is a word that means I am going to keep my secrets.” 


The third book I read this month was "Shadow and Bone" by:Leigh Bardugo. So I actually took this book out from the library three times before I actually read it. I had started the second time, but got busy and just decided to return it. Now that I actually read it though I absolutely love it. I am looking forward to reading the other two books of this trilogy! Generally I really liked the story and I love Alina and Mal!! The only thing I didn't like was that the explanation of terms and stuff was later on in the book. At the beginning when they used certain terms I had no clue what they meant until a while later on when they give an explanation. Either way it was a really good story!



The fourth book I read this month was "Siege and Storm" by: Leigh Bardugo. I just previously read the first book of this series and really liked it. Sometimes I find that second or third books in series are just not able to match the first book and even if they are good the first book completely outshines them. However with this series at least so far I find that the second book is able to live up to the first. It was very interesting and I am very excited to read the next one! I did a post on the first two books of this series. If you want to know my ratings for them click here.



The fifth book I read this month was "Ruin and Rising" by:Leigh Bardugo. I definitely got obsessed with this series. I pretty much finished the whole series within a week. So much happened in this book and I just didn't know how to feel about some of the things that happened.. It was quite an overwhelming book. I had a mix of emotions while reading this book. A cross between loving and hating the book. Of course the book itself was great, but the way the events happened I just was happy and sad about how it happened. I would give this book 4.5/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!