Monday 21 August 2017

My Thoughts on Game of Thrones Season 7 | Faith


Before you ask--No I have no read any of the Game of Thrones books. Like many others I have watched these past six episodes, and it's almost a guarantee that my heart is going to stammer like nobody's business. There's been a lot of argument on whether or not season 7 is the best or worst season. And I've come to think about it a little. My conclusion is that it's not the best season but it's also not the worst season.

In terms of depth, this might be the worst of them all but entertainment value? I would say it would be one of the best. If you do any research on the show you'd know that they're straying off the books, only because the other books in the series are not published yet. This season has been one of the most entertaining in my opinion. And I think it's the fact that it's so entertaining, that it's making people think that this is the best season by far when it reality it isn't.

A lot of stuff has happened within the 6 episodes we've seen. What I've noticed is that the show runner's are taking this opportunity to do everything they have ever wanted, or are confirming every single fan theory there is. 

A running trend with Game of Thrones is there never ending ability to produce filler episodes that really do nothing to advance the plot. Now the trend with season 7 is producing CGI dependant and plot twist based episodes. I would be lying if I said I didn't like it.

With the final episodes coming our way, they obviously want to be talked about. The episodes they are producing are doing just that. Sure, there are some negative comments about it, but you know what really matters? The fact that we are talking about it. The more buzz, the more popular it gets---I didn't even know it was possible for Game of Thrones to get more popular but somehow it's getting bigger.

What I've noticed with each episode is that it makes my blood boil. If you think about it, this season has been quite predictable. The characters will contemplate an action, and we the viewers can usually predict whether or not they will carry out said action. However, even though it is heavily predictable, it's one thing to picture it and it's one thing to physically see it in front of your eyes. When you see it, it makes it set in stone and that's what gets us talking about the show.

You want proof? Look at my tweets on Twitter.

Game of Thrones the TV show got far because of the books, and I do believe and I think it's pretty obvious that most of their success comes from the books. Now that they're sort of non-existent the writers are like OH NO what makes our show good is gone. So what do they do? Make it incredibly jaw dropping and ENTERTAINING.

So, regarding episode 6 of this season. At first I predicted they were gonna kill Dany but then I realized it wouldn't make sense for this section of the story. Then, I was like they're going to kill the dragon and turn into an zombie ice dragon. Then I went---NO THEY WOULD NEVER TAKE AWAY DANY'S DRAGONS AWAY. You see how wrong I was? This is the process. A Fan has a theory, fan dislikes theory and wishes it never to happen then what do you know? IT FREAKIN HAPPENS.

The show runners behind Game of Thrones are clever is all I have to say really.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!