Friday 30 December 2016

October, November & December Wrap Up | Faith

Reading has not really been a thing for me in the past few months. Recently, I just haven't been having enough time to pick up a book, read it and enjoy it. If I tried, I'm sure I would end up in another reading slump and I don't want that so I'm not going to force myself to do anything. So let's get on with this wrap up!

October:
The first book I read in the month of October was, Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets, the illustrated edition! This was really easy to get through having read the story several other times, but it was so much more fun reading it with illustrated. Once again, I am blown away with the beautiful illustrations done by Jim Kay and I can't wait to see the future books.

SIDE NOTE: Is anyone not curious on how and what they're gonna do with the longer books? Is it going to be released in parts? Will it be shortened? 









The second book I read was for school. We had to select a non-fiction book, and I chose A Brief History of British Kinds & Queens by: Mike Ashley because I've always been interested in European history. And it has been sitting on my shelf unread for about a year or two now. At the end of the day, it was pretty interesting reading about the lives of various rulers, but I didn't think it was that great. Very choppy. I would rate this book a 3 out of 5 stars.






November:
The next was a play, and it was called Death of Salesman by: Arthur Miller. A.K.A the only thing I read in November. This was another piece that I read for school, and I will admit I did find it quite boring at times but when I looked at it with an open mind I understood why it's so popular and why it's considered a classic. There are many themes that are played out in this book, and there's so much symbolism and when I look at those aspects, I found myself having a new and different perspective on the play which resulted in a better appreciation for the text. I would rate this a 3 out of 5 stars.









December:

The only book I read in December was the screenplay for the Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them movie! I loved this---and I hate to compare it to The Cursed Child but this was so much better. You can actually feel J.K. Rowlings work in this and it was so incredible to see the amount of detail in this. It really felt like I was watching the film again. I would rate this a 5 out of 5 stars.









Lately, reading books hasn't really been my priority so I haven't really been able to pick up the books I want to read. But I think one book a month is better than reading nothing at all! I hope all of you who are reading this have had a successful reading month and I also hope you had a great holiday season as well!

Feel free to follow our blog!


Check out our SOCIAL MEDIA for updates on our current reads and future projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!