Monday 15 August 2016

June/July Wrap-Up | Raquel

This wrap-up will be super short since I this was the first summer I started working full time I wasn't able to read nearly as much. Anyway these are the few books I read in these two months.

The first book I read in June was Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I really liked the concept of this book. The whole idea of time travel and a plot line it just sounded so amazing. However I was a bit disappointed as the beginning part of the book was very slow and boring for me. It was really only at the end that the story got interesting. I think the idea of this book is good, but I think it could have been written in a more fascinating way. I rate this book 2.5/5 stars.









The last book I read in June was The Last Star by Rick Yancey. This again was another ending to one of my favourite book series... sigh. Either way I actually really enjoyed the book. I know a lot of people really were upset with the ending but I actually think it fit the story pretty well. Because I am writing this late I will admit I don't remember too much about the book which is why I am planning to re-read it eventually. However I do remember going through the book quickly as it was fascinating and kept my attention. I rate this book 4.6/5 stars.








The first book I read in July was The Hidden Oracle  by Rick Riordan. I actually really enjoyed this book. I would say these books or more for junior readers but can be appreciated by people of all ages. I always had a strong appreciation for his books as I genuinely love stories that are tied to mythology. This book uses the world he has built from his other novels and continues on with new characters and a new storyline. I think it is cool how he can do this and it doesn't really feel in anyway an infringement on his other series or just another book to make more money. Itself is its own unique and in my opinion interesting book. I would suggest reading it if you liked his other books! I rate this book 4.5/5 stars.





The last book I read in July was Reality Boy by A.S. King. In my last wrap-up I read one of her other books which I totally loved. I will be honest and say this particular book wasn't my favourite. I think in general I wasn't really into the storyline. It wasn't that it wasn't interesting necessarily, but more that it just wasn't for me. I also found the book to be a bit slow and dull. I couldn't really relate to much so I didn't find myself having a connection with the character either. I wouldn't say this book is necessarily bad, just that it wasn't for me. I would say if the summary sounds interesting to you, pick it up you may just like it. I rate this book 3.5/5 stars.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!