Sunday 31 July 2016

July Wrap Up | Faith

The first book I read this month was, The Crown by Kiera Cass. Like all of Kiera Cass's books, they're very short and very easy to read. I finished this in a couple of hours, and I was somewhat satisfied with this book. One of the major problems I had with this book was how easy everything was for the characters. Everything just felt very rushed and forced and I didn't like that. A plus to this book was that Eadlyn improved as a character. I would say that it was a pleasant ending and it was a good conclusion. I would rate this book a 2 out of 5 stars.










The second book I read this month was Maus Volume 2 by: Art Spiegelman. I read the first volume in my grade 9 English class and I really, really enjoyed it. I had been meaning to pick up the second volume for the longest time and I finally did...3 years later. I did enjoy reading this volume however, I had completely forgotten everything about the characters and the story so I was pretty lost throughout the entire thing. I would rate it a 3 out of 5 stars.















The third book I read this month was, The Wicked + The Divine by Gillen Mckelvie, illustrated by Matt Wilson and coloured by Clayton Cowles. I have been using graphic novels to try and catch up on my Goodreads reading goal. I thought that the artwork in this was really appealing to look at, but I found that I wasn't really interested in the storyline at all until the end. I would rate this book a 3 out of 5 stars.












Honestly, I didn't get much reading done this month because I was busier than usual. I was spending a lot of time just enjoying my time at The Fringe Festival. There are certain books that I should've finished this month but didn't. Those books were The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan as well as Schizo Nic Sheff. Not to mention that there was also an audiobook I wanted to finish. Blogging has also kind of gotten in the way, because I'm scheduled for many things for upcoming books and I'm already falling behind on it.

Feel free to follow our blog!

Check out our SOCIAL MEDIA for updates on our current reads and future projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!