Thursday 7 April 2016

March Wrap-Up | Raquel

The first book I read this month was Alliance by Mark Frost. This was the second book in The Paladin Prophecy series. I really found these books interesting, the whole idea of them being superior, but yet still very much human was fascinating. You really must read the whole series to truly understand the world that this story takes place in. It is a very unique idea that they present in a mysterious way that makes you want to read the whole book once you pick it up. It also has well developed characters and it really does provide time where you are able to feel and see the relationships develop between the characters. I really like this in books, especially with this type of story. I kind of wish they would make this into a movie I think it would be really cool to see it on screen if done well and properly. I rate this book 4.3/5 stars.



Now usually I am not really into these types of books. The whole youtubers making books craze was kind of ridiculous to me. Some of them made some good books, but many books appeared to just be made for money and the stories of the books seemed like a child's idea. It can be kind of frustrating to think about all the authors who have actual good stories and ideas but are overshadowed just because these people are famous and their name is on the book. However being a subscriber of Dan and Phil I decided to look at the book. It is The Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester. I will say it wasn't that bad as it was just a book made up of things from their childhood and other facts and lists. This book is literally what it says, it is kind of their version of a biography. The biography type books don't bother me as much because they are what they are. Many people have biographies. Your reading it to know more about those people. However when an inexperienced random famous person makes a cooking book for example it seems kind of dumb that their book gets to number one just because many people watch their videos. In that case it has nothing to do with the book being good. However I actually appreciated this book and the work they put in to tell their story. I rate it 4/5 stars.





The next book I read was Rogue by Mark Frost. This is the third and final book in The Paladin Prophecy series. It honestly didn't end anything like I thought it would. That is what I liked about this series was that you could never predict what was coming next. I really did enjoy this book and I want to try to find more books like this! I rate this book 4.5/ 5 stars.









This next book is Calamity by Brandon Sanderson. I had this book and for some reason it took me a while to get through the beginning. I think I was just in a reading slump as I got really busy and just didn't have time to really enjoy it. However once I got reading again I absolutely loved it! I always really like how you can never predict the ending like I mean I had not even a tiny bit of clue how it was going to end.. If you haven't read this series I highly suggest you do! The storyline of this book is just so unique and the world is very well developed. The books are odd in the sense that it's like each book there is a sort of new revelation and you get a new understanding of the world that it almost feels like they are all separate books. It is kind of weird and hard to describe however if you have read the first two books you would understand where I am coming from. I rate this book 4.8/5 stars.



The next book I read was Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I was waiting for this book pretty much since I finished reading her other two series and this book was announced. I will say I was nervous to read this book. It had been a while since I read one of her books in this world and I just was scared that I wouldn't like it anymore. However I will say I was worried for nothing because I really enjoyed this book. You can definitely tell that in each of her books her writing improves. In this book particularly I think them improvement is quite significant. Just the way that she describes the world and her character development I think has improved since her previous books. As for the story I liked how they brought characters from the other series in it and I really LOVED the short story at the end. I would rate this book 5/5 stars.





This last book was our book for our book club! It was Avalon by Mindee Arnett. If you haven't already join our group on goodreads to see what we are reading each month! Just go HERE. I was very surprised about what this story was about. I honestly pictured a completely different story when I first read this book. However it was a pleasant surprise. The story was very different from any of the books I have read before, but it was good nonetheless! It had a lot more to do with humans in space then aliens. It was kind of fascinating as we are starting to explore outer space now so it had a sort of potential future realism. It definitely wasn't my favourite book, but it certainly wasn't bad. I rate this book 3.6/5 stars.







Hope you enjoyed my wrap-up this month! I apologize that I still haven't got into a routine of posting regularly besides my wrap-up's but I shall try to work on that... until then just enjoy Faith's regular posts because they are always fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!