Friday 1 January 2016

To-Be-Read for 2016 | Raquel



I thought since the new year is coming up that this time I would make a general TBR of just some of the books I am looking to read in the new year! This year has been quite the year. Not only just for my normal life, but for the blog. Though I will say my normal life has been a bit more crazy since this year is my graduation year.



When Calamity lit up the sky, the Epics were born. David’s fate has been tied to their villainy ever since that historic night. Steelheart killed his father. Firefight stole his heart. And now Regalia has turned his closest ally into a dangerous enemy.

David knew Prof’s secret, and kept it even when Prof struggled to control the effects of his Epic powers. But facing Obliteration in Babilar was too much. Once the Reckoners’ leader, Prof has now embraced his Epic destiny. He’s disappeared into those murky shadows of menace Epics are infamous for the world over, and everyone knows there’s no turning back... 
But everyone is wrong. Redemption is possible for Epics—Megan proved it. They’re not lost. Not completely. And David is just about crazy enough to face down the most powerful High Epic of all to get his friend back. Or die trying. -Goodreads.

One of the books I want to read in 2016 is
Calamity by: Brandon Sanderson. I have read the first two books in this series and absolutely love it. It is one of those series that I would re-read because it is just so interesting and full of action. I feel if I was to re-read his series there would always be more to find out, more to the story to remember. I am very excited for this book to come out!

A stunning, magical world. An international sensation.
Nathan Byrn is running again. The Alliance of Free Witches has been all but destroyed. Scattered and demoralized, constantly pursued by the Council’s Hunters, only a bold new strategy can save the rebels from total defeat. They need the missing half of Gabriel’s amulet—an ancient artifact with the power to render its bearer invincible in battle.

But the amulet’s guardian—the reclusive and awesomely powerful witch Ledger - has her own agenda. To win her trust, Nathan must travel to America and persuade her to give him the amulet. Combined with the Gifts he has inherited from Marcus, the amulet might just be enough to turn the tide for the Alliance and end the bloody civil war between Black and White witches once and for all…  -Goodreads

I was introduced to this series by Faith. I actually was surprised at how much I enjoyed this series. I rarely am interested in witch type stories. However I absolutely loved this story. The characters are so well written and developed. I find myself having a full individual opinion about many different characters. I like how with each character there is always more to learn and find out. I am really excited for this book to come out! I am really curious how she is going to end this series. I am also kind of sad honestly, I really do find this series fun to read.

Michael used to live to game, but the games he was playing have become all too real. Only weeks ago, sinking into the Sleep was fun. The VirtNet combined the most cutting-edge technology and the most sophisticated gaming for a full mind-body experience. And it was Michael’s passion. But now every time Michael sinks, he risks his life.

The games are over. The VirtNet has become a world of deadly consequences, and Kaine grows stronger by the day. The Mortality Doctrine—Kaine’s master plan—has nearly been realized, and little by little the line separating the virtual from the real is blurring. If Kaine succeeds, it will mean worldwide cyber domination. And it looks like Michael and his friends are the only ones who can put the monster back in the box—if Michael can figure out who his friends really are. -Goodreads

This book is also the last book in a series. I just realized this is the third one that is the third book to a trilogy series I am reading. I also really enjoyed reading this series. I personally am interested in technology so a book such as this catches my attention. It's sad now that I think about it how all my series are ending.. I will need to find a bunch of new series this year I guess! 

We’re here, then we’re gone, and that was true before they came. That’s always been true. The Others didn’t invent death; they just perfected it. Gave death a face to put back in our face, because they knew that was the only way to crush us. It won’t end on any continent or ocean, no mountain or plain, jungle or desert. It will end where it began, where it had been from the beginning, on the battlefield of the last beating human heart.

Master storyteller Rick Yancey invokes triumph, loss, and unrelenting action as the fate of the planet is decided in the conclusion to this epic series. -Goodreads

Another book I want to read in 2016 is The Last Star  by Rick Yancey. I just realized this book is also the last of a trilogy! Wow this is seriously so sad... I need to find a whole ton of series clearly... However I guess these books have movies coming out so it's not completely over yet. Though I will need more books to read. I guess I will go to the library and look for some new series!
The Mogadorian invasion has come to Earth, and they have all but won the battle for our planet. Their warships loom over our most populous cities—like New York City, Tokyo, Moscow, Beijing, and New Delhi—and no army will risk making a move against them. The Garde are all that stand in their way . . . but they are no longer alone in this fight. Human teens from across the globe, like John Smith’s best friend, Sam Goode, have begun to develop Legacies of their own.

The Garde have always known there is power in numbers. If they can find these new allies and join forces with them, they just might be able to win this war. The time has come for the Garde to make their final stand. -Goodreads

This is the last book in this series and I am probably the most sad about this one then any other. I have been reading this series for many years and the fact that it is now ending is just really sad to think about. However I think this book will be a sort of relief too. This series has gone on so long I am interested to see how they will end it. 

Los Angeles. It’s been five years since the events of the Mortal Instruments when Nephilim stood poised on the brink of oblivion and Shadowhunter Emma Carstairs lost her parents. After the blood and violence she witnessed as a child, Emma has dedicated her life to to discovering exactly what it was that killed her parents and getting her revenge.

Raised in the Los Angeles Institute with the Blackthorn family, Emma is paired as a parabatai with her best friend, Julian Blackthorn. A series of murders in the city catch her attention — they seem to have the same characteristics as the deaths of her parents. Could the murderer be the same person? And her attention isn’t the only one caught: someone has been murdering Downworlders as well. The Fair Folk make a deal with the Institute: if the Blackthorns and Emma will investigate the killings, they’ll return Mark Blackthorn to his home. The catch: they have only two weeks to find the killers. Otherwise it’s open war between faeries and Nephilim.

The Shadowhunters of the Institute must race against time to catch the killers, even as they begin to suspect the involvement of those closest to them. At the same time, Emma is falling in love with the one person in the world she’s absolutely forbidden by Shadowhunter Law to love. Set against the glittering backdrop of present-day Los Angeles, Emma must learn to trust her head and her heart as she investigates a demonic plot that stretches from the warlock-run nightclubs of the Sunset Strip to the enchanted sea that pounds the beaches of Santa Monica. -Goodreads

Yay a book that isn't the end to a series! It is actually the first which is exciting! I am hoping that this series will be good. I found that I really was intrigued by this world that Cassandra Clare has created and the fact that this book is in the same world I think that I will also enjoy this series.

How do you punish an immortal?

By making him human.

After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disorientated, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favour.

But Apollo has many enemies - gods, monsters and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood. -Goodreads
Another first book for a series! Wow I am incredibly consistent... I love Rick Riordan's world. I am just a big person on mythology and I always find his books intriguing. I think this series will actually be super unique and I am looking forward to reading it when it comes out!

The next few books I want to read don't have covers. 
The first book being The Hammer of Thor by: Rick Riordan. I really enjoyed the first book to this series and i'm excited fir the next one! I'm also glad that this series is just starting because now I have one that I can look forward to more books coming!
The second book is Crooked Kingdom by: Leigh Bardugo. I found the new book to be very unique and interesting and I'm truly looking forward to where this series is going to go.
The final book without a cover I want to read is The Bronze Key by: Holly Black & Cassandra Clare. This series was written very small, and seemed to be meant for a younger audience, but I liked it a lot. It was just a small light easy read with a good storyline. I am kind of sad that this series will be over, but like always I am curious how the author will end the trilogy.

Hope you enjoyed my list! Have a wonderful New Year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!