Saturday 31 October 2015

September/October Wrap Up | Faith

The first book I read was actually near the end of August, I just forgot to include it in my past wrap up. Anyway, this book is To Be Honest by: T.C. Booth which was sent to me for an honest review. I actually reviewed this book already, and you can read it HERE.














The actual first book that I read this month was Every Day by: David Leviathan. As I had said in my TBR, I had an interest in reading this for a number of months but only picked it up because of my cravings for contemporary books. It was a very intriguing story but the characters were nothing special for me. Reading from A's perspective was very interesting but I found that I wasn't really immersing myself into the romance aspect of it. I would rate it a 4 out of 5 stars. It was a very entertaining and gripping read and I would love to pick up Another Day.













October:


The first book I read in October was The Iron Trial by: Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. There has been some comparisons to Harry Potter, which I kind of saw in the book but not really. The major similarity is probably just the boarding school and one of the characters in the cover looking like a death eater.

One thing that I really loved about this book was the world, I love anything that has to do with the elements. Sometimes I'm kind of jealous that middle-grade books get a lot of the amazing adventure stories. The writing in this book was fantastic however I didn't find the plot that exciting. So I would rate it a 3 out of 5 stars.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!