Sunday 19 July 2015

Favourite Author's | RQK

I really enjoy making lists so I thought I would make a short post about my ten favourite author's! This list is in no particular order, just ten of my favourites. I will be providing some of the authors link's if you wish to see/read more about them.

Patrick Ness

My favourite book from Patrick Ness is A Monster Calls. I also really enjoyed More Than This and The Knife of Never Letting Go. Though A Monster Calls isn't really a normal book, I just really like the message of the book and enjoyed the story. It was a very unique thing to read. I am not really sure why I like Patrick Ness's books so much I just think that all of his books are really well written and his stories are just phenomenal.

Website
Goodreads 


Khaled Hosseini

My favourite book from Khaled Hosseini is The Kite Runner. I also really enjoyed A Thousand Splendid Suns and And the Mountains Echoed. Khaled's books are very different from the normal books that I read. His book the Kite Runner was the first fiction book that I genuinely enjoyed. His books are very tragic but very real. It gives you a sense of people's lives in other countries. It really makes you think how fortunate you really are. His stories highlight the problems that still are a part of our world today.

Website
Goodreads


Michael Grant

My favourite book from Michael Grant is Light. This is the last book from his Gone series. Michael's Gone series reminded me a lot of the tv show based off Stephan King's book Under the Dome. I really love that show and that's what kind of lead me to first pick up this series. I also enjoyed his BZRK series and am looking forward to reading his Messenger of Fear novel in the near future.

Website
Goodreads

Brandon Sanderson

My favourite book from Brandon Sanderson is Firefight from his reckoners series. The first book was also really good, but just something about this book made me really fall in love with this series. I haven't really read a book like this. It brings in the idea of Superheroes or like the idea of people with powers. However it takes a twist on the normal idea. When they use those powers that can define them as a Hero, it comes with the risk of turning into a Villain.

Website
Goodreads


Rick Yancey

My favourite book from Rick Yancey is The 5th Wave.  I also did enjoy the second book in that series The Infinite Sea. However I have a liking towards the first book of series which is why I would choose the first book over the second. The 5th Wave is being turned into a movie and I am so excited! I think that if it is done well this series would be amazing to see in theatres.

Website
Goodreads




Sally Green

My favourite book from Sally Green is Half Wild. I did also enjoy the first book Half Bad. This is one of the odd cases where I actually enjoyed the second book as much or more than the first one. Though I might be biased in that one of the character who I didn't really liked is kind of out of the story now which makes me really happy. This is also one of the few books where I really "ship" two characters a lot.

Goodreads




Cassandra Clare


My favourite books from Cassandra Clare is City of Heavenly Fire and The Iron Trial. I really liked both books and I couldn't decide which I liked better. They are both from two different series and aren't really alike so I found it difficult to properly compare them. I really like Cassandra's stories, especially her Mortal Instrument Series. The whole story of the Shadowhunters is so detailed and intricate! It really is a series that you can just live in.

Goodreads
Website


Shane Peacock


My favourite book from Shane Peacock is Becoming Holmes which is the last book in the The Boy Sherlock Holmes series. When I first started getting into reading I really enjoyed mystery novels. It started with Nancy Drew books and quickly went on to classic Sherlock Holmes stories. I have read many if not all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original stories. I absolutely loved them and when I heard about this series I was very excited. I did also read the books that Shane wrote that were a part of the Seven Series.


Goodreads
Website


James Dashner


My favourite book by James Dashner is The Maze Runner. I really liked this series and all the books were really good, but I find the first to be my favourite. I did also really enjoy the last book in this series a lot too. I also saw The Maze Runner in theatres and enjoyed it a lot! I am so excited for The Scorch Trials movie to come out! These books are actually a really small series, but I find them to be really interesting! At the beginning the story kind of seems like a twisted Hunger Games, but as you read on you learn that it is actually completely different and unique! I also have read the first two books from his series The Mortality Doctrine which were intriguing books

Goodreads
Website


Rick Riordan

My favourite book from Rick Riordan is The Serpent's Shadow. I did also like The Blood of Olympus. I personally am really into Egyptian Mythology which is why I would say The Kane Chronicles are my favourite books. However they both are amazing books. They are more for younger people at least in the way they are written, but I think that anybody can really enjoy them!

Goodreads
Website


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!