Saturday 31 January 2015

January Wrap-Up -RQK

The first book I read this month was "The Bane Chronicles" by: Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson. I got this book over the holidays! I got many Cassandra Clare books over this seaso. I made a post about them so if you want to see what other books I got you can view them here. A lot of people aren't really interested in extra books like these and say authors just do them for money. Even if thats the case I find books like these to be extremely fascinating. Especially when they are about characters who aren't really main characters ,but are common in the series. I am always curious about these characters stories, but usually I don't get to find out much because they aren't a main part of the story. In these books you get to learn more about the characters which I love! I would rate this book 5/5 stars!




The second book I read this month was "BZRK" by: Michael Grant. I just was at the library one day and decided to grab this book. I really had liked his gone series so I decided to try another one of his books. I actually really liked this book. I take Computer Science and as a part of our curriculum we have to talk about the whole idea of AI and other sorts of possible technological advancements. This book took this idea and created a very unique story! I really didn't know what to think of it at first, but now that I have finished the book I really like it! I am definitely going to read the rest of the series as soon as I can get my hands on it! I would rate this book 4.5/5 stars!






The third book I read this month was "Eye of Minds" by: James Dashner. I really liked the Maze Runner so I decided I would try this series as well. I was really confused about this series at first, but it was just so interested. Again it was kind of like BZRK in that it reminded me a whole lot about my Computer Science course. It has a lot to do with coding and this virtual world that was created. I am not exactly sure how it happened that I randomly chose to books with very similar themes, but it's quite fascinating. I haven't read a whole lot of books like these before and I was a bit surprised actually how into it I got! If you have any sort of interest in computers or technology I would suggest trying to read this book! Even if you think it might not be for you, you never really know until you try! Like BZRK I would give this book 4.5/5 stars!  The only thing stopping me from giving either of these books 5 stars would be that I found them to be really confusing at the start which I dislike, but besides that these books were phenomenal!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read The Eye of Minds :D I'm really intrigued by the computer/technology aspect. :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!