Monday 1 September 2014

August Wrap Up! -RQK


The first books I read this month was "Daniel X: Watch The Skies" by:James Patterson & Ned Rust. The second book I read this month was "Daniel X: Demons and Druids" by: James Patterson & Adam Sadler. These books are more for middle school age, however I like James Patterson books and thought it would be interesting to read this series.


The third book I read this month was "The Naturals"  by: Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Last month I read Jennifer's book Nobody and I truly loved it! I decided to try some of her other books and I really liked this one. It had some form of mystery, which I personally love. It wasn't simple either. I was totally clueless about what was the truth which made me feel pretty stupid, but also love this book so much more.


The fourth book I read this month was "Lost Cause" by: John Wilson. These books aren't anything particularly crazy creative or challenging. The books are short, however I just love the idea of each book being written by a different author. I also like the real things that you can learn in these books.


The fifth book I read this month was "Daniel X: Game Over" by: James Patterson & Ned Rust. The sixth book I read this month was "Daniel X: Armageddon" by: James Patterson & Chris Grabenstein.Not everyone would like this series. It can be cheesy and its not really long or detailed. However I am a fan of James Patterson books and every once in a while I like to read good short and simple stories.


The seventh book I read this month was "If I stay" by: Gayle Forman. I found this book to be quite interested in a unique way. I felt so into the story as if it were real and happening to me that I was anxious to know how it ended and what would happen after. I later learned there is a second book and that this book only ends with her decision.


The eight book I read this month was "Fear" by: Michael Grant. I have been really into the gone series. I read the first four books to the series last month and I am just continuing to be obsessed with this series.


The ninth book I read this month was "Light" by: Michael Grant. Over the summer I have been kind of obsessed with this series and I am so sad that I finished it now. I highly suggest this series to anybody and everybody. It is so detailed and complex. I couldn't put any of the books down no matter how hard I tried. (Which wasn't very hard because I didn't want to put them down)


The tenth book I read this month was "To Kill A Mockingbird" by: Harper Lee. This is a very popular classic book. I have heard a lot about this book and I became very curious about what the fuss was about this book and so I decided to read it for myself. I found this book to be quite intriguing. However I will admit that some of the more complex concepts of the book I had some trouble to grasp.


The eleventh book I read this month was "where she went" by: Gayle Forman. FTM and I saw the movie to the first book this month and I have to say the book was immensely better. The movie seemed to completely revolve around Mia and Adam's relationship which I found made the story a little dull. The movie wasn't exactly bad or anything, but I personally wouldn't watch it again.


The twelfth book I read this month was "Every Other Day" by: Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I absolutely loved this book! Not only was it fast paced but it had some sort of a mystery aspect. You never could guess what exactly was going to happen or what would be revealed next.



The thirteenth book I read this month was "Jump Cut" by: Ted Stauton.
The fourteenth book I read this month was "Ink Me" by: Richard Scrimger. The ending of this book completely caught me off guard. So far in the series the books ended reasonably well. This one however was so different than the others. After this book I really got into the series and began to become more curious about how the rest of the books would end.


The fifteenth book I read this month was "Raised by Wolves" by: Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Lately I have been really loving Jennifer's books. I will say though that I prefer her newer books. They have more depth than her older books, but I still enjoy reading some of her older books such as this.


The sixteenth book I read this month was "Trial by Fire" by: Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This is the next book to the one I previously read. I was surprised at how fascinated I was by this series as I am usually not into books like this. This book series though is very distinctive from other werewolf books and I highly suggest it to everybody.


The seventeenth book I read this month was "Taken by Storm" by: Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I got completely hooked on this series. Im not sure if there will be more to this series or if this is a trilogy. Personally I am hoping for more as I really am into this story.


The eighteenth book I read this month was "The Revenge of Seven" by: Pittacus Lore. So for anybody who doesn't know I am in love with this series. I know some people don't like it, but I can read these books a thousand times and I will still not be able to put the books down. I am excited, but also extremely sad that the next main book will be the last of this astonishing series.



The nineteenth book I read this month was "Close to the Heel" by: Norah McClintock.
The twentieth book I read this month was "Last Message" by: Shane Peacock. This is the last book in this series however Shane Peacock and the other authors have each written another book as a sequel to this series. They are being released in October of this year.

Quick Note: Sorry there haven't been any posts this month. FTM is having technical difficulties and I am just a terrible blogger. I still do have a review I am working on however I got busy and forgot what I all wanted to say about it. I am thinking I will just re-read the book and then re-do the review. Sorry about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!