Thursday 31 July 2014

July Wrap Up -RQK


The first book I read this month was "False Sight" by: Dan Krokos. This is the sequel to False Memory.  This series probably isn't for everyone, but the story is unique and I quite enjoy it. The third book to this series comes out August 19 of this year.


The second book I read was "Gone"  by: Michael Grant. I have heard good things about this book from some of my friends so I finally gave in and read it. It was a fantastic book and I loved how the basic concept at the beginning caused everything that today is small and simple to be difficult and complicated as it was in the past before all our technology.


The third book I read this month was "Between Heaven and Earth"  by: Eric Walters. This book is the first book in the seven series. The series is about 7 cousins who all go on missions in various countries that their grandfather had planned for them before he past away. I love how each books is written by a different author making each story unique to the one before it and different from every other series I've read.


The fourth book I read his month was "Hunger" by: Michael Grant. This is the sequel to Gone which I read earlier this month. I am really liking this series and I look forward to reading the other books in this series. They are a longer read, but I would say its really worth it!


The fifth book I read this month was "And The Mountains Echoed"  by: Khaled Hosseini. I really love Khaled Hosseini's books. The books aren't standard fantasy or dystopian and not everyone will enjoy them but I love the real issues in the books. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
(I wrote a review for this book, but it got erased so the review will come out a bit late.)


The sixth book I read this month was "will grayson, will grayson" by: John Green and David Levithan. I have heard quite a bit about this book and knowing that it was co-written by John Green who is known for his amazing writing was all the convincing I needed to pick up and read this book. He not only wrote this book in such a unique style, but also just the story itself was so far from anything I've ever read.


The seventh book I read this month was "It's Kind of a Funny Story" by:Ned Vizzini.  I don't know why, but I have been reading a lot more realistic fiction or even non-fiction books over the last little while. I find as much as I love thinking about other universes or societies that there is a lot to learn and a lot more details to be told by a realistic story.


The eighth book I read this month was "The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family"  by: Dave Pelzer. I read his first book "A Child Called 'It' " in grade seven and it was the saddest and most real book I had ever read. I was astonished that somebody could really do that to their own son. It's a fantastic and tragic novel that I'd recommend to anybody and everybody. I found this book to be less graphic which I am grateful for, but still it was very sad, and very real.


The ninth book I read this month was "I Am Number Four: The Lost Flies: Five's Betrayal" by: Pittacus Lore. I am a huge fan of this series so it's no surprise I read this the day it came out. Even though these are just small sections I very much enjoy them. I find they are like teasers leading up to the next big book in the series. I am very excited for the second last big book to come out next month.



The tenth book I read this month was "Half Bad"  by: Sally Green. FTM read this book first and loved it. I decided that I should read this book too and see if I feel the same way about the book as FTM did. Im not sure if we felt the exact same way, but I loved it! I don't really read many witch type books, however I found this book to be very interesting!


The eleventh book I read this month was "Lies"  by: Michael Grant. I read the two first books to this series earlier this month and I am just hooked on this series. I can't really explain why, but just the whole idea, the whole story, the characters, I love it all! Maybe I just have a thing for dome stories, I really like the "Under the Dome" television series based off of Stephen King's novel. I have been trying to read the book, but its 1000 pages so it's taking a while...


The final and twelfth book I read this month was "Plague" by: Michael Grant. I read the first three books to this series earlier this month and like the others I really enjoyed this book. I feel that the first two books were so far my favourite in the series as much more was a mystery, but I'm looking to see how the last two books will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!