Saturday 12 July 2014

Clockwork Princess: Cassandra Clare - FTM


Tessa Gray should be happy—aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.
- Goodreads Synopsis

This is the third and final book in The Infernal Devices trilogy which is the prequel to The Mortal Instruments series. Clockwork Princess is possibly my favourite out of the whole series next to Clockwork Prince. (You can read my Clockwork Prince review HERE) I love Cassandra Clares books, she is definitely one of my favourite authors. Her series can have something tragic happen in the middle of the series and it will break your heart into pieces but the final result will be the happiest saddest ever.

Cassandra resolves things so beautifully, so far I have never disliked a book that she has written. She always leaves things on a happy note yet she doesn't take away the sad parts. Even though none of us like sad endings or sad books, things wouldn't be the same if they didn't have a big tragedy occur. I love that Cassandra wrote these books, they have such strong lovable characters and I admire how she made Tessa have two loves and not just one, that she loved both of them equally and she always will. 

The love triangle in this series is very unique, I have never read a book that had a love triangle with three people who loved each other, as brothers, as lovers and as friends. The three of them loved each other, I loved how Will and Jem put each others happiness before their own. Most love triangles wouldn't have that kind of friendship and love between the three. (I also found it so cute that Will and Tessa named their son James Herondale.)

As I have said before, I love the characters that Cassandra writes. Characters like Gabriel and Gideon, whenever there was a scene with them I couldn't help but picture Fred and George from one of my favourite series Harry Potter. Their wittiness and their personalities reminded me so much of them. The relationship between Gabriel and Cecily was very amusing, considering how he kept rating her on her skills. One of my favourite parts that was near the end was when she was saying that her and Gabriel were going to be married someday and Gabriel turned purple.

So in this book we are introduced to Will's sister, it was really interesting to see the brotherly version of Will even though we only saw a little of it. For some reason I was getting a little annoyed of her asking Will to come home to Wales but then we get to see her fall in love with shadowhunting. Throughout this book we begin to notice that she has traits of Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments series. I look on the dust jacket which has the family tree on it and I spoil myself by seeing that she marries Gabriel Lightwood. I have mentioned this in my other reviews and I will say it again, I love how Cassandra makes all of her characters connect. An example would be the red pendant, which is the demon sensor, it seems that it had been past down from Magnus, to Will, to Cecily and to further generations of the Lightwoods.

In the last book, Clockwork Prince there are little hints about a relationship happening between Gideon and Sophie. Their relationship was actually one the cutest things that I have read, and I found it funny that she made him do an actual proposal while Cecily and Gideon were listening through the door.

Charlotte is pregnant in Clockwork Princess and Henry couldn't be any sweeter about it. It was so sweet how he created a rocking cradle but then it exploded... He is a genius because he created so many things that were/are being used in The Mortal Instruments. Again, I love all of the connections.

A running theme in Cassandra's books is creepy villans wanting to marry or be with someone they shouldn't. A.K.A Mortmain, he wanted Tessa to marry him willingly and have his children... What a creep.

To finish this review off, I would like to say that this book was perfect. It had everything that a reader could want, a good plot, a great writer and a happy ending. I couldn't ask for more, well maybe The Dark Artifices but we all have to wait. I would rate this fantastic book a 5 out of 5 stars. If you haven't read any of Cassandra Clare's books, go and read them. They are all so amazing and entertaining.

I hope you enjoyed this review, please follow our blog for more posts!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!